查看: 1049|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Tablet Bargain

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 9-27-2011 12:53:08 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本文通过一路BBS站telnet客户端发布

Andrew Dowell, Retailers Drop Price on BlackBerry Tablet. Wall Street Journal, Sept 27, 2011 (In the column Digits l  Insights fropm WSJ.com)
(In Office Depot only, $399 for a 16GB Playbook together with a $100 Ofice Depot gift certificate)

My comment: The information is in the web, where you can easily find it.

------------------------------------Separately
(1) Christopher Lawton, Nokia's Troubles Hit Suppliers; Ripple effects could reshape global chain that provides phone components. Wall Street Journal, Sept 27, 2011
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903374004576582690092381126.html

Paragraphs 3 and 4:

"As chip makers, for example, struggle to unhinge themselves from the sinking European handset giant, they are finding an even more competitive market beyond Nokia. That is because Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co, the industry's two biggest smartphone players by volume, have locked them out of the market by designing and manufacturing chips for their devices on their own.

"'We knew they were on their way down,' said Philippe Lambinet, STMicroeletronics NV senior vice president and corporate-strategy officer, referring to Nokia, 'but we didn't think it would be so bad.'

My comment: There is no need to read the text, if you are not a techie. Apple is using Samsung to make chips, at least for now.

(2) Maija Palmer, Dell Shrugs off Harbingers of PC Doom; Interview Michael Dell, Dell chief executive; IT hardware group's chief plays down the threat from tablets and outlines emerging market hopes. Financial Times, Sept 19, 2011.

My comment: Thre is no need to read the content.

--
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表