搜索
查看: 1153|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

日本对磁悬浮列车寄予厚望

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 7-8-2014 15:47:06 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Eric Pfanner, 日本对磁悬浮列车寄予厚望. 华尔街日报中文版, July 7, 2014 (that is right, July 7)
cn.wsj.com/gb/20140707/bas091804.asp

, which is translated from

Eric Pfanner, Japan Pins Hopes on Floating Trains; Government Sees Magnetic-Levitation Rail System Spurring Country's Technological Rebirth. Wall Street Journal, July 8, 2014.
online.wsj.com/articles/japan-pins-hopes-on-floating-trains-1404674144

Quote:

"The company that operates the original bullet train, linking Tokyo to Osaka, intends to build a new line that cuts the journey between the two cities to little more than an hour—less than half the current time. * * * At a projected cost of about $90 billion * * * at more than 500 kilometers, or about 310 miles, per hour—nearly 200 kilometers per hour more than the fastest bullet train, or Shinkansen * * * with construction set to begin by early 2015

"Central Japan Railway Co, the publicly traded company developing the maglev train * * * To override critics' concerns, it intends to finance the new line itself, relying on cash flow from the existing Tokyo-Osaka Shinkansen, the world's busiest high-speed rail line, rather than taxpayer money. * * * JR Central, as the company is known, won't be able to raise all the money at once, so it plans to build the maglev line in two phases. * * * JR Central, one of six companies formed in the 1987 privatization of the Japanese national railway system

"Unlike the existing Shinkansen, which hugs the coast between Tokyo and Nagoya, the maglev route would run straight through the 3,000-meter (9,800-foot) Japanese Alps. About 90% of the line would run through tunnels * * * The maglev line, known as Chuo Shinkansen 中央 新幹線

Note:
(a) "Hiroo Ichikawa, a professor at Meiji University in Tokyo"
(i) Hiro-o ICHIKAWA  市川 宏雄
(ii) Meiji University  明治大学
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_University
(private; founded in 1881 by three lawyers)

(b) "Reijiro Hashiyama, a visiting professor at Chiba University of Commerce"
(i) Reijirō HASHIYAMA  橋山 禮治郎
(ii) Chiba University of Commerce  千葉商科大学
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiba_University_of_Commerce

(c) Central Japan Railway Co  東海旅客鉄道株式会社 (abbreviation: "JR Central" in English and "JR東海" in Japanese) is a public company selling stocks at Tokyo Stock Exchange. JR Central and sister railway companies had a common predecessor, which was government-owned 日本国有鉄道 Japanese National Railways (JNR).
(i) Thus, it is incorrect to say "[t]he company that operates the original bullet train, linking Tokyo to Osaka" is to build Chuo Shinkasen. It was 日本国有鉄道 that built the original Shinkansen.
(ii) chuu-oo 中央 【ちゅうおう】 (n): "center"  (where teh double u signals a long vowel for "u" and the double o, a long vowel of "o")

(d) "Kimie ASAKA, a 64-year-old activist from Sagamihara, near Tokyo" is against mag-lev.
(i) I can not find his/her Japanese name.
(ii) Sagamihara  相模原市
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagamihara
(in Kanagawa Prefecture 神奈川県)

is on the southern border of Tokyo (Japanese Wiki says that in 1941 相模原町 was formed out of merger).
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表