一路 BBS

找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 995|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Bloomberg BusinessWeek, July 31, 2014 (I)

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 8-2-2014 12:47:39 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Bruce Einhorn, Chinese TV Maker Hisense Takes Aim at Sony.
www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... -tv-maker-worldwide

Note:
(a) summary underneath the title in print: Hisense is pushing into the U.S. with a bet on ultra HD and smart TVs
(b) “Hisense has grown into the No  4 seller of TVs worldwide, according to DisplaySearch, an arm of market researcher NPD Group. * * * Based in Qingdao in northeast China, Hisense has 6.4 percent of the global TV market, DisplaySearch estimates, up from 5.1 percent a year ago. That puts it well behind No 1 Samsung’s 29.6 percent and No 2 LG’s 17 percent but within striking distance of Sony, which has 6.8 percent. * * * [In China] it has almost one-fifth of the [TV] market * * * It had only 1.3 percent of the US TV market last year”

Hisense Co, Ltd 海信集团有限公司 was set up in 1969 by Qingdao governmental authorities.  en.wikipedia.org

(c) The report mentions two other Chinese TV makers:
(i) Skyworth 创维 was established in 1988, with the head office in Shenzhen.  Wikipedia
(ii) Konka Group Co, Ltd 康佳集团  (founded in 1980; based in Shenzhen).  Wikipedia
回复

使用道具 举报

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 8-2-2014 12:47:48 | 只看该作者
Brendan Greeley, Supercool South Korea! www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... n-cool-by-euny-hong
(book review on Euny HONG, The Birth of Korean Cool; How one nation conquered teh world through pop culture. Picador (Aug 5, 2014))

Note: hanja
(a) Euny Hong’s surname is 洪.
(b) “Korean movies, K-Pop music acts, and TV shows in particular have become so beloved that the export of Korean culture has its own name, Hallyu, the Korean wave.”

hallyu  韓流
(c) “The country is driven, she explains, by han, a kind of rage at injustice that’s tended and stoked as an engine of productivity. Her brief chapter on Korea’s han against Japan is both the best and most concise explanation I’ve read of the two countries’ complicated and ancient feud.”

han (cultural)  恨
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_(cultural)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表