打印 上一主题 下一主题

Strategy Page

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 8-10-2014 17:21:29 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
(1) Air Transportation: The Helicopter China Cannot Get Enough Of. Aug 9, 2014
strategypage.com/htmw/htairmo/articles/20140809.aspx

Note: "The basic Mi-171 is based on the 1970s era Mi-17, which is the export version of the similar Mi-8."

Mil Mi-17
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-17
(section 3 Variants: "Mi-171  Export version of the Mi-8AMT, built in Ulan-Ude [qv]")

(2) Air Weapons: The Smallest Smart Bomb. Aug 8, 2014.
www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/articles/20140808.aspx

Note:
(a) "British Defense firm Thales has developed an unpowered version of its LMM (Lightweight Multi-role Missile). The original LMM is a 76mm (diameter), 13 kg (28.6 pounds) missile with a range of eight kilometers that uses laser (beam riding) guidance. It can be fired from the air or the ground [both to surface only, not to air]."

Lightweight Multirole Missile
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightweight_Multirole_Missile
(table: In service 2015, Length 1.3m, Propellant  2-stage solid propellant, Speed  Mach 1.5)
(b) "The new version is called FFLMM and is LMM without the rocket motor. That means FFLMM weighs only six kg (13 pounds) and is 700mm (27.5 inches) long. FFLMM has larger fins for guidance and lift so that from a high altitude FFLMM has a range of at least two kilometers."
(i) FFLMM: FreeFall Lightweight Multi-role Missile, whcih Thales unveiled during the Farnborough International Airshow 2014 (held July 14-20)
(ii) Reportedly, FFLMM is for UAVs.

(3) The Secret Taiwan UAV Program. Aug 7, 2014
www.strategypage.com/\htmw\htairfo\articles\20140807.aspx
(last sentence: talking about Taiwan--"There is also at least one helicopter UAV (similar to the US Navy Fire Scout) and a new one, still in development, that is similar to the US Navy X-47B and able to carry over 500 kg (1,100 pounds) of weapons")

My comment: I do not believe it, in either account.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表