[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 12-4-2017 16:29:32 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 choi 于 12-5-2017 17:27 编辑

孟宝勒 and Keith Bradsher, 人工智能在中国:技术背后的反乌托邦可能性. 纽约时报, Dec 4, 2017
https://cn.nytimes.com/business/ ... icial-intelligence/

, which is translated from

Paul Mozur and Keith Bradsher, Pushing AI Boundaries in China; Voice- and image-recognition technology illustrate s disturbing dystopian possibilities. New York Times, Dec 4, 2017.

Excerpt in the window of print: A growing database of voice patterns worries some groups.

Quote:

"IFlyTek has said its technology can monitor a car full of people or a crowded room, identify a targeted individual’s voice and record everything that person says.

"This year the Shanghai-based startup Yitu 依图 took first place in a major facial recognition contest run by the United States government.

My comment:
(a)
(i) There is no need to read the rest, which is about tech companies has the advantage of unlimited access to data base, such as of voice.
(ii) My only concern about this report is whether the technology in quotation 1 is possible at the level of technology in our time. I believe not. If it is true, the hearing aid will be greatly improved. The current hearing aid can not differentiate the target voice/sound from the background noises, in different decibels (loudness of sounds).
(b) iFlyTek Co, Ltd  科大讯飞 (1999- ; 董事长兼总裁 刘庆峰; 总部 合肥)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表