蓬佩奥:若菲律宾在南中国海受攻击 美国将依条约采取行动

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 3-1-2019 13:47:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
VOA Chinese, Mar 1, 2019
https://www.voachinese.com/a/pom ... 190301/4809101.html

Note:
(a) Remarks [by] Michael R Pompeo, Secretary of State [at] Department of Foreign Affairs Manila, Philippines March 1, 2019.
https://www.state.gov/secretary/remarks/2019/03/289799.htm

the first four statements:

"MODERATOR: Good morning. Welcome to the joint press conference in light of the official visit of the United States Secretary of State Michael Pompeo. May we request the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, His Excellency Teodoro Locsin, to give a statement.

"FOREIGN SECRETARY LOCSIN: * * *

"MODERATOR: Thank you, Mr Secretary. At this point, may we invite United States Secretary of State, His Excellency Michael Pompeo, for his statement.

"SECRETARY POMPEO: Thank you. Good morning, and thank you, Foreign Secretary Locsin, for the very warm welcome. I had a number of my West Point classmates that had the privilege to serve here. They all spoke very highly of the time in service. * * * [the following is an entire paragraph in the statement (the following paragraph is not shown):] As an island nation, the Philippines depends on free and unobstructed access to the seas. China’s island-building and military activities in the South China Sea threaten your sovereignty, security, and therefore economic livelihood, as well as that of the United States. As the South China Sea is part of the Pacific, any armed attack on Philippine forces, aircraft, or public vessels in the South China Sea will trigger mutual defense obligations under Article 4 of our Mutual Defense Treaty.

* So Secretary Pompeo made the statement without prompting -- not in a Q&A session, that is.
(b) "In 1986, Pompeo graduated first in his class from the United States Military Academy at West Point, where he majored in engineering management."  en.wikipedia.org for "Mike Pompeo."

I fail to find the education for Teodoro Locsin Jr.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表