特朗普:关税正在给中国带来毁灭性影响

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 5-30-2019 13:33:01 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
莉雅, 特朗普:关税正在给中国带来毁灭性影响. VOA Chinese, May 30. 2019
https://www.voachinese.com/a/us-china-tariffs/4939178.html

Note:
(a) The sectional heading in the text is rather: "特朗普:关税给中国带来了毁灭性的打击," followed by this segment of the report: "他说:'这些关税对中国产生了毁灭性的影响。人们正在带着他们的公司逃离这个国家。这些公司正在前往越南和亚洲其他地区,它们甚至来到美国,因为这样的话没有关税。'

Neither the title or the sectional heading is accurate translation of Trump comments.
(b) Remarks by President Trump Before Marine One Departure. White House, May 30, 2019.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/brief ... e-one-departure-45/

Quote (Q&A):

(i) "Q    Do you still think Robert Mueller behaved honorably?

"THE PRESIDENT:  I think he’s totally conflicted.  Because, as you know, he wanted to be the FBI Director, and I said no.  As you know, I had a business dispute with him.  After he left the FBI, we had a business dispute.  Not a nice one.  He wasn’t happy with what I did, and I don’t blame him.  But I had to do it because that was the right thing to do.  But I had a business dispute.

(ii) "Q    China says it's going to restrict (inaudible) and rare earth elements if your trade strategy (inaudible).

"THE PRESIDENT:  I think we're doing very well with China.  Come here, I want to shake your hand.  Come here.  You've treated me fairly.  Thank you.  Thank you.

"Q    Mr President —

"THE PRESIDENT:  Wait.  Wait.  I want to answer a real reporter’s question.  We’re going to answer a real reporter's question, okay?

"China would love to make a deal with us.  We had a deal, and they broke the deal.  I think, if they had to do again, they wouldn’t have done what they did.  We're taking in billions of dollars in tariffs.  China is subsidizing products.  So the United States taxpayer is paying for very little of it.  And if you look at inflation and if you look at pricing, it's gone up very little.

"The tariffs are having a devastating effect on China.  People are fleeing the country with their companies.  These companies are leaving for Vietnam, other parts of Asia, and they're even coming to the United States because then there's no tariff.

"I think we're doing very well with China.  We'll see what happens.  But I can tell you China very much wants to make a deal because the companies are leaving China to avoid the tariff.  China is becoming a very weakened nation, just as Iran has become a very weakened nation.  And Iran wants to make a deal also.

(c) Return to (a). So the pertinent quotation is: ""The tariffs are having a devastating effect on China.  People are fleeing the country with their companies.  These companies are leaving for Vietnam, other parts of Asia, and they're even coming to the United States because then there's no tariff."

It is "devastating," not "catastrophic."

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表